Saturday, August 18, 2007

Getting the vehicle ready.

While I probably don't mention them enough there are a number of people that are helping this project significantly.

  • Charles Pooley has been an invaluable resource to discuss rocket ideas and to bounce ideas off of.
  • The guys at flowmetrics have their shop about 1/2 mile from my house. They have been very helpful with knowledge, know how and ideas.
  • My sons friend Jason. Jason is home from college for the summer and spends considerable time in our garage helping with the electronics, software and the much appreciated shop entropy control.
  • Mark, Kevin and Ted at Friends of amateur rocketry.
  • Bob Nortman has been doing all of our aluminum welding.

For the past six months I've been working on this project three days a week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday all day, as well as evenings the rest of this week.

This week we are trying to get the whole vehicle ready for a single engine test firing next weekend. To have any chance of doing this I'm taking a week and half off of work and doing nothing but unreasonable Rocket.

Fridays Progress:
I worked on the ground equipment case that holds the data recorder, telemetry radios, video receivers etc.... (This is now Jasons project)

I fabricated and tested a small dual 1/8" ball valve actuator to replace our unreliable igniter solenoids.

I finished the servo mountings on the safety vent valves.

My Son Plumbed the pressurization system and with Carl's help at Flowmetrics got the regulator working.

My son continued to plumb the vehicle.

I put together another "hardware tour" video of the vent and igniter valves.

Today we are going to combine a trip to the Los Angles McMaster Carr will call with a trip to see my Father who is recovering from Knee replacement surgery in Long Beach..

1 comment:

sex shop said...

I think every person should glance at this.