Thursday, January 10, 2008

Data Review.

I modified the data display software tonight to back out the Collective, Pitch and Roll commands from the CCPM servo data. I then reviewed the free flights I did on the 3rd. Toward the end of the flight I did deliberate abrupt pitch, roll and climb maneuvers so I could look at the data and see how much servo movement corresponded with how much vehicle movement. The picture below is a screen capture of the data display. Sevro Roll is the Roll command (red) Roll (Blue) is the actual vehicle roll and the ragged (magenta) line is the raw measured gyro rate.

They all look reasonable. As did pitch , servo pitch and X rate. The Vertical velocity tracked collective reasonable well, but the altitude seemed to wander a lot more. Click on the picture for a bigger view.


Its 11:00 pm and this was another 4 1/2 hour evening.

No comments: