Monday, February 04, 2008

Quick Update

I've been very busy with "Other" mostly trying to catch up on work. I've been doing some work on the helicopter and I've flown it a few times, but no big news to report on that front. I've started testing with the DGPS and I've come to the conclusion that I need better antennas to make the RTK work. My one successful RTK test with the antennas on my roof took 46 minutes to resolve the integers, and then the solution was accurate to within 6" at 10Hz for 10 hours. The average RTK solution between the antennas was 20.02" with actual measured truth being 19.75". My son has come back down from the bay area to work on some rocket projects, both unreasonable and other..... I can't talk about "other" other than to say it is a paying gig. I'm glad to have him home.

I also find it frustrating that its sunny all week when I can't fly, then it rains all weekend where I can't fly.(Actually it stopped raining during the super bowl and I choose to watch that) This week is not going to be "unreasonably " productive as I have a lot of stuff going on.

No comments: